There are so many great, great things to see in Peru! It’s a country with incredible natural beauty and variety, warm and friendly people, amazing culture and even more amazing cuisine! There are thrilling activities for the most active vacationers and wonderful hideaways for those of us who want to relax. Here, we’ve provided a brief guide for thinking about what to see and where to go in Peru!
First: The Big Three
1. Machu Picchu, of course. This new wonder of the world does not disappoint. Perched on the steepest mountains you can imagine and floating in the clouds, the incredible precision of the Inca architects becomes mystical. If you can, trek the Inca Trail to get there. Your hard work will make it seem all the more amazing. 2011 marks 100 years since its scientific discovery, so it´s a fabulous time to visit. Beyond Machu Picchu, Vilcabamba, Sachsayhuaman and Ollantaytambo offer incredible examples of Inca structures in incredible (slightly less visited) locations.
2. Lake Titicaca. The world´s highest navigable lake offers incredible scenery and even more incredible culture. From the drive there (or beautiful Andean Explorer train ride) that takes you through stunning high altiplano, to the Aegean blue of the waters, to the ingenious people of the man-made floating islands of Uros, to the vistas and gentle inhabitants of Taquile Island… there is so much to appreciate. Just pack warm clothing because the altitude means it’s chilly all year round!
3. Manu Biosphere Reserve. This portion of Peruvian rainforest is incredibly diverse and generally untouched. You can interact with giant river otters, see toucans and watch out for caimans. You’ll meet tribes that maintain a traditional way of life, completely dependent on nature. You’ll even fish for voracious, vicious piranha! A fabulous jungle experience!
Second: Regional Recommendations
Peruvians tend to think of their country as having three regions: La Costa (the coast), La Sierra (the Andes) and La Selva (the jungle). Each offers so very much for the traveler!
1. La Costa. From the Northern beaches devoted to surfing and incredibly fresh seafood, to the vibrant city of Lima, to the Colonial charm of Arequipa and the ancient wonder of the Nazca lines, the coast offers so much against the backdrop of the blue Pacific.
2. La Sierra. The Andes offer stunning scenery, tons of Inca and ancient culture, and a plethora of outdoor activity. Base yourself in Cusco and the Sacred Valley to see Machu Picchu, enjoy whitewater rafting, explore ruins on horseback or simply museum-hop and shop the local artisan markets. Don´t forget to sample guinea pig!
3. La Selva. The Peruvian Amazon is gigantic and offers everything from luxury cruises, piranha fishing, shamanic retreats where you can sample ayahuasca, and jungle wildlife sighting. Definitely an experience for the adventurer-at-heart! In fact, a lost tribe was just discovered this year.
Feel free to email me – firstname.lastname@example.org – for advice and specifics! And make sure to put a trip to Peru on your horizon! We at Kuoda are experts in planning personalized trips to Peru. We want to make sure you experience the best of our country and leave knowing you have friends in South America![ad_2] Buy Psychedelics Online
5 MEO DMT
Penis envy magic mushrooms
Meanie Mushroom Spores
Buy Ketamine Powder
Buy mdma pills
Cuban Magic Mushrooms
dmt vape pen
Golden Teacher Mushrooms
Liberty caps Mushrooms
LSD a Venta
Buy LSD Online
Magic Mushrooms for sale
mario 1up mushroom
Synthetic Cannabinoids for sale
Source by Emily Guilmette